At this year’s Budget speech Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor, detailed a range of proposals to help support the UK economy following the Coronavirus pandemic. Our recent webinar detailed the main points announced in this year’s UK Budget, including the inevitable tax changes.
Our speakers, Peter Webb, Head of Tax Advisory and Stuart McCulloch, Market Head of The Fry Group Middle East explore the key points announced by the Chancellor and their impact for British expatriates.
The topics covered included:
- How the changes to Stamp Duty Land Tax on purchasing a UK property could impact non-tax residents
- The rise in Corporation Tax potentially making holding UK properties in a company structure less attractive for British expats
- An overview of tax reliefs available if you have spent too much time in the UK because of the pandemic
- An overview of next year’s tax rates and allowances
- Actions you can take as a British expat before tax rises take effect
If you have any questions regarding you own tax and financial planning following the Budget statement, please do get in touch.