Affect of Covid on Expats in Singapore
The pandemic may have forced you to spend more time in the UK than you originally planned. You may have returned to visit elderly relatives or children at boarding school or university. You may have spent time in the UK over Christmas and been unable to leave due to travel restrictions and lockdowns. Any unexpected or extended period of time in the UK could now accidentally trigger UK tax residency, which could have a serious effect on your finances.
In this webinar Peter Webb, our Head of Tax Advisory, will explain how the UK tax rules might affect you in a range of situations, and what you need to be aware of. There will also be opportunity for Q&A.
- What can I learn from this Webinar?
- How many days can I spend in the UK without becoming a UK tax resident?
- Is there any extra allowance for the time I can spend in the UK if I am trapped there due to COVID-19?
- When do ‘exceptional circumstances’ apply?
- What happens if I’ve spent longer in the UK than I’m allowed to for tax reasons?
- Will my worldwide income and gains be affected?
Two sessions are available to suit your time zone. Please choose the most suitable and register online to receive the webinar link.
Wednesday 10 February 2021
Session 1: UK 5am, Europe 6am, Dubai 9am, Singapore/Hong Kong 1pm
Session 2: UK 10am, Europe 11am, Dubai 2pm, Singapore/Hong Kong 6pm